1. Fiber power : It should be between -14db and -25db to get optimal speed. (It will also rectify the Frequent WAN disconnection / Authentication failure.)
2. MTU Size : Mostly MTU size are related with network elements of different server/nodes. We can check by different MTU sizes between 1400-1500. The most common MTU value in BSNL is 1460. ( How to find correct MTU Value ? )
3. DNS (if the Ethernet Adaptor symbol shows Yellow Triangle Exclamation mark on it and Internet not getting, can also be solved by the below DNS setting on ONT or Ethernet IPv4 setting of system)
Set DNS as 184.108.40.206 (BSNL) & 220.127.116.11 (Google) as Primary & Secondary OR Set DNS as 18.104.22.168 (BSNL) & 22.214.171.124 (Google) as Primary & Secondary.
4. 802.1p : In ONT configuration set 802.1p as “Null”
5. Ping Keeping ONT in bridge mode , connect the device using LAN cable, give continuous ping to ONT LAN IP, it must reach IP in =/< 1ms.
Our Help Desk assistant is there to help you and solve your queries onFTTH.